jayme day at last

"ate gising ka na, lovelyday na..."

i woke up with my little brother nudging my feet. wow, it was already a few minutes past 10am. for the first time in weeks, i had a good night's sleep.

our "lovely day hong kong special part 2" was already starting. i was wishing right then that thousands and thousands of other homes in manila were tuned in to us. though i've seen it for the nth time and practically knew the script by heart, i still enjoyed the show. i hope other viewers did as well.

i lounged around at home for a few more hours. did some beauty rituals, read some magazines, watched some etc. and then, kernan called. his shoot has been cancelled and he asked if i wanted to go out. of course, i would be crazy not to. it wasn't just "jayme day" after all.

it was a "jayme and kernan day."

jayme and kernan day: a date finally

payday wasn't until monday so we contented ourselves with some windowshopping at gateway. i only had a hundred pesos left in my wallet so he treated me to dinner at inihaw express and a movie.

we were choosing between "the wedding date" (my choice) and "guess who?"(his choice). i always tend toward the romantic movies, he tends to choose the comedies. anyway, both of us agreed we needed a good laugh so we got tickets for "guess who?"

and we weren't disappointed. we were laughing through the whole movie.

the storyline was similar to "meet the parents" with a racial slant to it. in "guess who?", Percy (bernie mac) was shocked to find out that his daughter theresa's (zoe saldana) "ideal-successful stockbroker-boyfriend" simon green (ashton kutcher) was actually a Caucasian.

acting for what he thinks is his daughter's best interests, he interrogates and investigates simon which led to various hilarious episodes. i think its difference with "meet the parents" was Percy's character was a bit kinder than Jack Byrne's character. "guess who?" was funny enough without the lie detector tests and IRS element.

but the ending was almost the same. which is also why i enjoyed it a lot. i love happy endings as much as i hate sad endings.

my favorite part of the movie was when percy and simon were practicing the tango and simon was explaining why he loves theresa despite the fact that they were complete opposites. he said something like, "she's my other half, she makes me whole. and when you've experienced what it's like to be whole, you never want to be just a half again. i am incomplete without her. i ain't shit without her!"

kernan and i both looked at each other and smiled. so true. we kept repeating that line even as we were stepping out of the movie house. it was a fun night.

there's this song which i always sing for kernan, "make me whole" by amel larrieux. i just heard it once on wave 89.1 a year ago and i've been hooked with that song since then.

the lines are just so beautiful.

make me whole
amel larrieux

Darling I want you to listen
I stayed up all night, so I can get this thing right
And I don't think there's anything missing
Cause a person like you, made it easy to do
I've waited for so long, to sing to you this song

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

I think the angels are your brothers
They told you about me, said you're just what she needs
And I find myself thanking your mother
For giving birth to a saint
My spirit flies when I say your name
If there's one thing that's true
It's that I was born to love you

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

You make my dreams
Come true over and, over again
And I honestly truly believe
You and me are written in the stars
I live my whole life through
Just giving thanks to you

Cause your eyes are the windows to heaven
Your smile could heal a million souls
Your love completes my existence
You're the other half that makes me whole
You're the only other half that makes me whole

Comments

Popular Posts